Opelousas Medicine Shoppe is proud to offer the Moderna COVID vaccine as well as the Booster. We will be accepting appointments as well as walk-ins Monday-Friday from 9:30am-5:30pm.
Booster Shots Are only available for the following:
- Receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are currently taking medicine to suppress the
- immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are currently taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott- Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (≥20 mg prednisone or equivalent per day) or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
- Other conditions which cause moderate or severe immunosuppression similar to the above conditions
All others will be eligible for the Booster shot 8 months after their second vaccine.